Earlier today we saw what happened when a huge Batarang hits London. Now we have just been sent over a nice “making of” featurette.
This wonderful feature shows us how much work was involved as well as how much fun it gave to everyone who saw this.
In the irreverent spirit of fun that made The LEGO Movie a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble – LEGO Batman – stars in his own big-screen adventure. But there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.
Facts about The LEGO® Batman Movie installation:
- Consists of 35,000 LEGO bricks
- Stands 3 metres tall
- 133:1 scale of a LEGO Minifigure Batarang
- Took 225 man hours to build
- Non-LEGO elements include broken ground effect, smoke and lighting
- Consists of 10,000 LEGO bricks making it the largest LEGO Batman Symbol ever
- 100 man hours to build
- The largest ever Batman symbol constructed from LEGO bricks
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the minifigure and the brick and knob configuration are trademarks of The LEGO Group. ©2015 The LEGO Group. Used with permission. All rights reserved.
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics
TERRY McKAY: "Oh, it was nobody's fault but my own. I was looking up. It was the nearest thing to heaven. You were there." from AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER